The 2016 IEEE Workshop on Statistical Signal Processing (SSP 16) will be held at Palma de Mallorca, Spain (Es Baluard Museu d’Art Modern i Contemporani) from 26 June to 29 June 2016:
- Es Baluard, Museu d’Art Modern i Contemporani de Palma
- Address: Plaça de la Porta de Santa Catalina, 10
How to arrive
The most convenient and fast way to arrive to the island is by air. Palma’s city airport is the major airport in Mallorca, and has daily flights from many European cities on national and budget carriers. This international airport is only 9,8 km from the Conference Venue (Es Baluard Museu d’Art Modern i Contemporani de Palma).
In order to benefit from a 10% discount with IBERIA airlines in your trip to Palma de Mallorca, please use the following promotional code: IEEEWORK2016 (IBERIA link).
From/To Airport-City Centre
- Bus: EMT Línea 1 bus, Puerto-Aeropuerto (Stops within the airport: Arrivals’ floor). The fare is €3, and can be purchased from the bus driver with cash
- Taxi: Located in the middle of the arrival hall of the airport.
There are scheduled lines by “Trasmediterránea”, “Balearia” and “Iscomar” between Barcelona, Valencia, Denia and the Balearics.
Trasmediterránea and Balearia have jet ferries connecting the island to mainland Spain in about 3 hours. If you wish, you can also travel on the most modern ferries and enjoy a day’s cruise.
- Trasmediterránea: http://www.trasmediterranea.es/en
- Balearia: https://www.balearia.com
- Iscomar: http://www.iscomar.com/eng
Travellers can only drive to Palma from other cities in Mallorca; there are no bridges or any road links to other islands or to the mainland.